Below, you’ll find some great, urgent opportunities to share with your college or youth students, or to consider for a team from your ministry.
First, we’ve already had the chance to see great opportunities for your students or you to consider, including:
- A Hands-On Missions semester, for students who have completed at least their freshman year of college
- The Journeyman program, for recent college graduates.
- An upcoming Discovery Trip (much like the one we just took) to Southeast Asia, for college and youth ministers
A couple of notes on those:
- There are lots of spots available for the Journeyman program, despite recent rumors. (Sadly, those rumors led to not filling all the available spots they had last time!) So encourage your juniors, seniors, or recently graduated students to consider applying!
- If you’re interested in the upcoming Discovery Trip, you need to let them know right away – as in, early this week.
Now for some additional (and urgent need) opportunities! (And see below for a few additional details.)
Sports / Recreation Ministry: South America
A 5-day trip for individuals or teams up to 10 people. (Could possibly take larger teams, but that will increase transportation costs.) Latest arrival 12-31-2011.
High School Youth Exchange: East Asia
A 10-day trip. The latest a student or group could arrive is in May of 2012. Up to 10 people could go together.
Students Reaching Students: Middle East
Must take place pretty immediately. A 14-day trip for individuals or teams up to 6 people.
Peace Connection: Middle East
This is a 15-day experience, and the last openings for this trip are in early September, 2010. If sending a team, 4 to 12 people is a good range.
Alpine Whitewater Kayaking Evangelism: Eastern Europe
A 7-day trip that needs to be taken this summer or early fall. For individuals or teams of 2 to 7 people.
Hands for Graham Festival: East Asia
A 10-day trip for individuals or teams of 3 to 8 people. Needs to be taken this year, with the latest arrivals in mid-December, 2010.
University Ministry: South America
A 5-day trip for individual collegians or teams up to 10 people. (Could possibly take larger teams, but that will increase transportation costs.) Latest arrival is 12-31-2011.
Of course, the IMB has all sorts of additional opportunities for you, your students, and your ministry to connect with and participate in God’s work around the world. They’re also great at helping resource you to lead your students in better understanding God’s heard for the nations.
And this could even including sending students (particularly college students, in this case) to São Paulo, to participate in the very sorts of partnerships with Zoe Church that we got to this week!
So if you want to know more about any of these trips, other opportunities, resources, speakers for a missions event, or any other missions-related things, just email studentteam at imb.org, or call 800-789-4693.